New On-Campus Protocols Effective March 21, 2022
Starting Monday, March 21st, masking requirements will be removed at Heritage. Other changes will include the removal of screening requirements and a change in isolation guidelines for students in residence.
Posted March 17, 2022
On March 21st, in addition to lifting capacity limits on all indoor and outdoor public settings, the Province of Ontario has lifted most masking mandates including in the post-secondary educational institution sector. Consequently, Heritage College & Seminary will likewise remove the personal protective equipment (PPE) requirement from its campus.
Students, staff and faculty are no longer required to wear masks or other PPEs inside Heritage facilities or outdoors on Heritage property.
Secondly, effective March 21st, the Province of Ontario has removed passive screening from businesses and organizations. Guests of Heritage, staff, faculty and students will no longer be required to complete a screening questionnaire when entering Heritage’s indoor facilities.
Please take note of the following supplementary measures:
- Please continue to self-monitor for symptoms.
- If you are an off-campus student and you are unwell, please stay home.
- Individuals can continue to opt to wear masks or PPEs.
- Testing stations will still be available for students, staff, and faculty to use as needed.
- Plexiglass barriers around campus will be phased out as the semester progresses, we will maintain our current cleaning schedule, and air filters will remain in classrooms and chapel for the rest of the semester.
- Masks and other PPEs are no longer required in Heritage residence buildings.
- Pre- COVID-19 open dorm policies are reinstated (Open dorm happens on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 4:00 pm-8:00 pm and weekends from 12:00 pm – 6:00 pm).
- Access to both residence buildings will be prohibited to all guests, however off-campus Heritage students with an active access card, can visit the residence buildings.
- The apartment’s common room capacity limits are lifted.
Isolation Guidelines for Heritage Students in Residence
- Students who test positive for COVID-19, will be moved to the quarantine apartment in their building.
- If a student is a close contact with COVID-19, there are NO isolation requirements for any student regardless of vaccination status. However, 10 days after exposure all close contacts should:
- Self-monitor for symptoms and;
- wear a mask and avoid activities where mask removal would be necessary.
For more information on the protocols on campus, please feel free to email the COVID-19 Protocols Committee at email@example.com.
Cambridge COVID-19 Assessment Centre – 226-895-1050
215 Holiday Inn Drive
Hours of Operation: Monday to Friday 8:30 am – 8:30 pm; Saturday, Sunday and Holidays 8:30 am-4:30 pm
Telehealth Ontario – 1-866-797-0000