Heritage Partner Churches
Benefits and resources
We live in a time of great need, challenge, and opportunity. It is a time that needs pastors and church leaders who can teach, lead and serve theologically. Preparing individuals to lead and serve with biblical insight, compassion, and skill calls for a partnership between churches, bible colleges and seminaries.
Churches excel in providing pastoral students with leadership opportunities, relational skills, and ministry experience. Churches (especially pastors and elders) are in the prime position to recognize those in their congregations with pastoral gifting and a ministry calling.
Bible colleges and seminaries excel in providing pastoral students with biblical language skills, hermeneutical competency, theological depth and breadth, historical perspective and homiletical skills.
At Heritage College & Seminary, we value partner churches that stand with us in our identity, distinctives and place in the theological education world.
Benefits of Becoming a Partner Church
To forge and sustain a meaningful partnership in training servant leaders for ministry, Heritage upholds the following commitments to our partner churches:
- Provide theological training that combines academic excellence with ministry usefulness. Courses are available in multiple formats such as in-class, modular, multi-modal, and online.
- Partner Church Staff Discount – We offer a 25% discount on all seminary courses to ministry staff and their spouses, and to interns serving in a Partner Church.
- Church Matching Grant – Up to $2,000 – Heritage will match sponsorship contributions from a student’s home church up to a maximum of $1,000 for a total of $2,000. This grant is available to college students entering or continuing in a full-time degree or certificate program (minimum 9 credit hours), and to seminary students entering or continuing in a full-time degree or certificate program (minimum 9 credit hours). Church Matching Grants are available annually. Heritage will match the amount in the following Fall or Winter term. The church’s donation will be applied to the student’s account immediately. For a student from your church to receive Heritage’s matching funds, please complete the application and send a cheque or e-transfer to Heritage College and Seminary.
Open to: All full-time College and Seminary students; except those who have received the Leadership Pipeline Grant.
Course Load Required: Full-Time (Minimum of 9 credit hours per term)
Application Required: Yes Church Matching Grant
References Required: No
- Free Course Audit – One free course audit per academic year for each paid staff member.
- Offer on-going ministry resources for pastoral and ministry staff of partner churches.
- 50% off tickets to our two annual conferences – Heritage Preaching Lectures (early autumn) and Ministry Leadership Day (late winter).
- Free use of our residence facilities for pastoral study retreats during summer months.
- Availability of our faculty to preach or teach at your church.
- Schedule an annual opportunity for Partner Churches to offer input that will help shape the pastoral and ministry training provided by Heritage.
What Part Does a Partner Church Play?
- Pray for future church leaders to arise from your congregation and for the effectiveness of Heritage in helping prepare students who attend the college and seminary.
- Encourage students to explore Heritage for biblical training and ministry equipping using Heritage promotional materials along with visits from our faculty or other representatives.
- Contributing financially to Heritage College and Seminary by supporting students from your church with tuition assistance, taking an annual love offering, or including Heritage in your regular church budget.