We live in a time of great need. A time that needs pastors and church leaders who can teach and lead theologically. Preparing individuals to lead with biblical insight, compassion, and skill calls for a partnership between churches and seminaries.
Churches excel in providing pastoral students with leadership opportunities, relational skills, and ministry experience. Churches (especially pastors and elders) are in the prime position to recognize those in their midst with pastoral gifting and a ministry calling.
Seminaries excel in providing pastoral students with biblical language skills, hermeneutical competency, theological depth and breadth, historical perspective and homiletical skills.
Benefits of becoming a partner church
To forge and sustain a meaningful partnership in training servant leaders for ministry, we choose to uphold the following commitments to our partner churches:
- Provide theological training that combines academic excellence with ministry usefulness. Courses are available in multiple formats such as modular, multi-modal, and online.
- Partner Church Scholarship (College) up to $3000 – This scholarship is for one student from your church who was planning to attend a community college or university in the fall, but as a result of your church’s ministry and influence, are now considering attending Heritage College for a one-year certificate program before attending a community college or university. This student must be recommended by your church before they apply for this scholarship.
- Seminary Bursary – We offer a 25% discount on seminary courses to ministry staff and their spouses, and to interns.
- Matching Scholarship (College) up to $2,000 – Heritage will match sponsorship contributions from a student’s home church up to a maximum of $1,000 for a total of $2,000. This scholarship is available for students entering a full-time degree or certificate program, who are recommended by their home church, and who have met university entrance requirements. The Matching College Scholarship is available annually.
- Provide experienced counsel to churches for establishing and overseeing an effective internship program. Heritage has a template for a two-year internship that has proven to be both fruitful and cost-effective.
- Offer on-going ministry resources for pastoral and ministry staff of partner churches.
- Two for one tickets to our on-site conferences – Heritage Preaching Lectures (early autumn) and Ministry Leadership Day (late winter).
- Ongoing access to Heritage Library resources.
- Free use of our residence facilities for pastoral study retreats during summer months.
- Availability of our faculty to preach or teach at partner churches. Heritage is also willing to cover the expenses of guest faculty speakers if this is helpful to the church.
- Schedule an annual opportunity for Partner Churches to offer input that will help shape the pastoral training provided by Heritage.
What is your commitment to Heritage?
- Pray for future church leaders to arise from your congregation and for the effectiveness of Heritage in helping to train those who attend the school.
- Encourage students to explore Heritage for quality biblical training and ministry equipping using Heritage promotional materials or annual visits from our faculty or other representatives.
- Contributing financially to Heritage College and Seminary by supporting students from your church, taking an annual love offering, or including Heritage in the regular church budget.
For more information, or to ask a question, please contact Godfrey Thorogood, our Director of Ministry Partners, at email@example.com.