ChristianJobSearch.net – Career Website
Heritage College & Seminary is dedicated to serving the Christian community through a free career website established to serve Christians. Job seekers have the opportunity to submit resumes to employers through the site. While employers can post jobs, manage postings, and view resumes of job seekers on this free, online resource.
Visit the site at – christianjobsearch.net
Current Heritage Positions for Hire:
Position: Vice President, Operations & HR
Reports to: President
Date: October 2020
Approvals: Presidents Cabinet, President
Job Close Date: Open until filled
Heritage College and Heritage Theological Seminary invites applicants for the position of V.P. Operations & HR to apply. This is a full-time administrative position with benefits. The V.P. Operations & HR shall contribute to Heritage’s mission and financial viability by providing advice and recommendations to the administration and/or Board committees regarding the day to day operation of the schools, including but not limited to, expense management, facility and property maintenance, improvements, and development opportunities.
Key responsibilities include:
• Plan and monitor the general maintenance of the facilities and grounds, including third party contractors, custodial staff, and student workers. This will include maintenance of Heritage vehicles and building security procedures.
• Lead Heritage College & Seminary personnel, as defined on the organizational chart, the prime responsibility being internal operations including giving oversight to ongoing people management activities ensuring that Heritage has a highly trained, qualified, motivated, and spiritually strong staff.
• Work collaboratively with the finance department including planning and monitoring the annual budgetary process and completed budget.
• Administer the strategic and annual planning processes including the school’s goals and objectives.
• Create and maintain Human Resources policies and procedures including performance management programs, Human Resources guidelines, and compliance with all related and applicable laws.
• Willing to live in accord with the Heritage Doctrinal Statement, Identity Statement, Ethical Conduct, Non-Harassment, Sexual Abuse, and Marriage, Divorce, and Remarriage policies.
• Participates as a member of the Administrative Council and President’s Cabinet, to develop, monitor, analyze and deliver the academic goals and plans for the school.
• At the request of the President, is responsible to attend Board meetings with the exception of the in-camera portion of the meetings.
• Develop and maintain the necessary policy manuals.
• Conduct annual performance reviews of all direct reports.
• Lead and manage all HR matters.
• Take responsibility for the efficient operation of the seminary and college in administration as well as day to day operations. In this regard, he is to be fully conversant with, and experienced in:
a) contemporary administrative management systems, including the compilation, interpretation, and management of financial budgets, reports, and spending.
b) the use of computer systems and communication.
• Ensure that Heritage is accessible for all students and oversee the Joint Health and Safety Committee and related activities.
• Oversee conferencing, and third-party facility usage.
• Promote a positive, supportive, and professional work environment that is reflective of the school’s values and high-performance culture.
• Responsible for the delivery of ongoing communication to the faculty, staff, internal partners, and other key stakeholders in a consistent and timely manner.
• Build and maintain effective relationships with internal and external partners.
• Additional duties and responsibilities as required or assigned.
Experience as an operations manager is strongly preferred. Candidate must have demonstrated successful administrative leadership experience including Human Resources. The ideal candidate would possess an undergraduate degree in Business however, other equivalent related degrees, designations, or experience in a business environment, accompanied with proven understanding of financials is acceptable.
• Proven ability to effectively manage staffs that are required to deliver high quality, professional, and timely services in an environment of large volume workflows and critical deadlines.
• Demonstrated capacity to lead and motivate staff/faculty to achieve the strategic directions of an organization.
• Demonstrated capacity to create, develop, and implement new policies and procedures and to promote these throughout Heritage and the wider community.
• Demonstrated critical and creative thinking and proven ability to evaluate service delivery and institute change.
• Good understanding of the issues facing the Canadian Christian student community.
• Experience in student administration within higher education would be an asset.
• Solid understanding of general construction procedures and standards.
• Good understanding of HVAC systems/units.
• Strong entrepreneurial aptitude.
• Solid working knowledge of financials and budgets.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Outstanding interpersonal skills and sensitivity towards students and staff.
• Understanding of Employment Standards Act.
• Proven ability to work collaboratively with positive outcomes.
• Demonstrated ability in the handling of sensitive issues and information.
• Willing to sign and uphold Heritage’s Statement of Allegiance and conduct policies.
• Gift of Administration.
The mission of Heritage is to provide an evangelical, faith-based, university-level education to equip students for life and service in the church, community, and the world. To learn more about Heritage visit http://www.discoverheritage.ca.
To apply, please email resume and cover letter to:
Heritage College and Seminary
175 Holiday Inn Drive
Cambridge, ON N3C 3T2
p: 519-651-2869 or 1-800-465-1961