Update on Campus Life Based on Ontario’s Phase One of the Reopening
Posted March 2, 2022
Effective March 1st, the Province of Ontario has lifted capacity limits on all indoor public settings. Out of our desire to foster a positive and healthy learning experience for the student, staff, and faculty at the college and seminary, Heritage is announcing the following changes to the capacity limits for our indoor facilities.
Locations such as the library, cafeteria, The Heritage Community Centre (HCC), student and staff lounges, chapels, gym and fitness centre and classrooms will have no capacity limits based on COVID-19 protocols.
Secondly, effective March 1st, The Ministry of Colleges and Universities has revoked their COVID-19 vaccination policy. Subsequently, the Heritage College & Seminary Vaccination Policy has also been revoked. Students, staff, and faculty are no longer required to submit their vaccination status and non-fully vaccinated students are no longer required to use a Rapid Antigen Test once every seven days they are on campus.
Please take note of the following supplementary measures:
- Outside gathering limits are lifted.
- Personal protective equipment such as masks and face guards are still required indoors, including continued screening of guests, staff, and students.
- Testing stations will still be available for students, staff, and faculty to use as needed. All test results must still be reported.
- Plexiglass barriers around campus will be phased out as the semester progresses, we will maintain our current cleaning schedule, and air filters will remain in classrooms and chapel for the rest of the semester.
- The HCC will be open until 1:00 am.
- Pre- COVID-19 open dorm policies will be reinstated (Open dorm happens on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 4:00 pm-8:00 pm and weekends from 12:00 pm – 6:00 pm).
- Access to both residence buildings will be prohibited to all guests however off-campus Heritage students with an active access card, can visit the residence buildings.
- Students can visit other apartments in the common room area with masks up to 6 students.
- Students in residence will continue to be required to wear a mask in the laundry room and halls of the dorm.
For more information on the protocols on campus, please feel free to email the COVID-19 Protocols Committee at email@example.com.