Heritage College & Seminary Introduces a Campus-Wide COVID-19 Vaccine Policy
Posted September 2, 2021
In response to the latest requirements established for all post-secondary institutions in Ontario by the Ministry of Colleges and Universities and the Office of the Chief Medical Officer of Health on Tuesday, August 31, 2021, Heritage College & Seminary will be moving forward with a campus-wide COVID-19 Vaccination Policy.
As of September 7, 2021, the policy will require that all College and Seminary students, staff, and faculty at Heritage College & Seminary personally attest to or provide official Provincially approved proof of whether they have:
- Received a full vaccination against COVID-19;
- Have not received the COVID-19 vaccine;
- Have an approved medical reason for not being vaccinated against COVID-19; or
- Wish not to disclose their vaccination status.
Students, faculty, and staff at Heritage who disclose that they are not vaccinated, wish to not disclose their vaccination status, or have received a medical reason for not being vaccinated against COVID-19 will still be able to live and study on campus, but will have to:
- Submit to taking regular antigen point of care testing for COVID-19 at least once every seven days and provide weekly verification of test results.
- Participate in a COVID-19 Vaccination Information Session provided by Heritage.
This requirement will be effective for all currently enrolled College and Seminary students who will be attending Heritage on campus throughout the academic year. This includes all:
- College students living on campus in residence;
- College and Seminary students attending classes in-person;
- College and Seminary students who will be attending Module or Multi-Modal Classes;
- College and Seminary Audit students who will be attending classes on campus; or
- Off-Campus or Online College and Seminary students who wish to use the library or other Heritage facilities.
This requirement will also include the following staff and faculty roles:
- Administrative Staff in All Heritage Departments
- Core and Adjunct Faculty, along with Applied Music Instructors
- Student Staff including Residence Assistants, Student Council, Food Services Staff, Grounds Staff, Maintenance Staff, Library Staff, Teacher Assistants.
- Contracted Service Providers
Given the sensitive, private nature of the information that is being required for this COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, Heritage will be diligent in protecting the information shared and ensuring it will be kept secure and confidential.
Further details on the implementation of this policy will be communicated to students, staff, and faculty during the first week of classes – September 7 – 10.
For questions on this new policy or information on the framework for the Fall Semester, please feel free to contact the COVID-19 Protocols Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.