Watch Dr. Rick Reed’s announcement to the student body from March 13th, 2020.
Updated March 23, 2020
From the President’s Cabinet of Heritage College & Seminary.
As the situation involving the global pandemic surrounding COVID-19 continues to be fluid and ever-changing, the leadership of Heritage College & Seminary continues to monitor the situation throughout Ontario, Canada, and globally.
With circumstances like this comes the difficulty surrounding how best to prioritize the health and safety of our campus community – including students, faculty, staff, and their families. We also are striving to show love to our neighbour and make decisions that will help in doing so.
As a result, the President’s Cabinet has made some difficult decisions surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic and the remainder of the academic year at Heritage College & Seminary:
All Spring/Summer multi-modal and module courses being offered at Heritage College & Seminary will be delivered online.
- In order to enable our students to continue their training at Heritage this spring and summer, plans are being made to move all multi-modal and module Spring/Summer courses to an online delivery format.
- The application deadline has now been moved to April 3rd, 2020 for Spring/Summer course registration.
- Faculty will be in contact with all students enrolled in these courses as they begin in order to inform you as to how the courses will now run.
- For more information on our Spring/Summer courses, please visit DiscoverHeritage.ca/Summer.
Heritage College & Seminary Administrative Offices will be closed starting Monday, March 16, 2020 and all campus operations will continue to serve students online.
- All staff and faculty of Heritage College & Seminary will be required to continue to work and serve students from home through online means.
- If you are in need of contacting anyone from our staff and faculty, please make sure to contact them by email only.
- To contact our Main Office, please continue to call our toll-free number at 1-800-465-1961 or fill out our Contact Form found on DiscoverHeritage.ca.
- These arrangements will be in place for the next four weeks, at which time it will be re-evaluated.
The Heritage College & Seminary Library will be closed starting Monday, March 16 until further notice.
- We regret to inform you that the Library will be closed for individual access starting Monday, March 16th. These arrangements for the Library will be in place for four weeks, at the end of which the closure will be re-evaluated.
- We understand that this will greatly impact many students and their research this semester. Please await further word from your faculty as to how this will impact the remainder of the semester with regard to final assignments and exams.
All College and Seminary classes for the duration of the 2020 Winter Semester will be moving to Online on myHeritage.
- Starting Monday, March 16th and for the remainder of the semester, all College and Seminary classes will be delivered online through myHeritage.
- Please keep updated on the plans regarding your classes through your myHeritage email address as faculty will be connecting with you regarding how the classes will be conducted for the rest of the semester.
- We ask that you would be patient during this transition time and understand that we are working diligently to ensure your semester and hard-work studying will not be lost.
- Please note that online registration for both Fall Semester 2020 and Spring & Summer 2020 will continue as normal with the Spring and Summer deadline of April 3rd, 2020. Students are asked to be in contact with their faculty advisors by email.
Heritage Residence Students will be required to vacate no later than Wednesday, March 18th at 8:00pm.
- In order to ensure the health and safety of the student body, we will be asking that the students living on campus at Heritage College & Seminary vacate their rooms by Wednesday, March 18th at 8:00pm.
- Exceptions to this requirement may be requested by filling out this Exception Form – Click here to access the Exception Form.
- For returning students who plan to be living in residence next academic year, Heritage will provide a partial credit towards next year’s room and board. Details to follow.
- For more information or questions, please contact DJ Mudde, Dean of Student Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or our Residence Directors Dane Allen at email@example.com and Katie Allen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All on-campus events and travel will be postponed or suspended.
- As a precautionary measure, all SERVE.experience service trips will be suspended for May 2020 with efforts being made to coordinate trips at a later date.
- In addition to the cancellation of Ministry Leadership Day, the following events will be postponed for a later date or cancelled:
- Student Sampler – March 17-18
- Tech Talks for Churches – April 4
- Arts Week – March 16-19
- St. Patrick’s Mission Dinner – March 17
- All campus tours, youth group bubble soccer or NERF events, and other recruitment events will be either rescheduled or postponed. If you have any questions, please contact Admissions at email@example.com.
Graduation 2020 will effectively be postponed until Fall 2020
- With the recommendations from the Ontario Government to limit and avoid large gatherings of people, we have made the difficult decision to postpone graduation events for some time in Fall 2020.
- We will be working toward a new date and will inform all of the new plans as soon as possible.
We ask for your patience and understanding during this time as we continue to deal with this ever-changing situation surrounding the COVID-19 Pandemic. If you have any questions, please feel free to be in contact with your respective faculty, faculty advisors, deans, and department heads or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Preventative Measures at Heritage College & Seminary
Updated as of March 16th, 2020
Personal Preventative Measures
In following with recommendations, we are asking all in the Heritage community to:
- Please stay home if you are sick or feeling unwell.
- Please refrain from all non-essential international travel and domestic air travel.
- If you have traveled to or from a designated, high-risk area we would ask that you not come to campus and follow the national protocol of quarantine of 14 days to ensure you are not carrying the virus and report by email to David Switzer at email@example.com.
- If you have been in an environment interacting with people who have been later identified to be carriers or infected, we would require you to self-quarantine for up to 14 days as per national health guidelines and report by email to David Switzer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are presenting symptoms consistent with COVID-19 – such as coughing, sneezing, fever, and headaches – please be in contact with your medical professional, contact Telehealth at 1-866-797-0000, and contact David Switzer at email@example.com.
Campus – Wide Preventative Efforts
In order to protect our community and workplace, Heritage College & Seminary is asking that all students, staff, and faculty will take note of these personal efforts throughout the campus:
- Maintain good hygiene habits – washing your hands regularly for at least 20 seconds with soap or use alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your face – eyes, nose, and mouth – with unwashed hands during this time.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or sleeve when coughing or sneezing and keep your distance from others while doing so.
In an effort to create a safe learning environment at Heritage, the campus will be implementing the following:
- Heritage is requesting that you would refrain from shaking hands – please greet with fist or elbow bumps instead.
- The campus will be outfitted with a number of publicly accessible, no-touch, hand-sanitizer stations that we encourage you to use regularly.
- There will be an increased frequency of cleaning and sterilization of all areas of the campus, especially high-contact areas.
- Informational posters will be distributed throughout the campus.
What Do You Do If You Believe You Have COVID-19?
If you believe that you have become ill with respiratory symptoms and had potential connection with COVID-19, please:
- Contact Telehealth Ontario at 1-866-797-0000 to seek advice.
- Also inform David Switzer through email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information: