Watch Dr. Rick Reed’s announcement to the student body from March 13th, 2020.
Updated May 8, 2020
In the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic, Heritage College & Seminary remains committed to prioritizing the health and safety of our campus community, while continuing on in our mission to train and equip men and women for life and ministry.
In order to make every effort to follow the guidelines and recommendations of government and public health officials and to show love to our neighbour in these trying times, the leadership of Heritage continues to make significant decisions while beginning to look ahead to September.
Though the campus of Heritage College & Seminary remains closed, operations will continue online in order to serve students and the Heritage community.
- Staff and faculty of Heritage College and Seminary are currently working remotely in order to keep Heritage open and operating during these times.
- If you are in need of contacting anyone from our staff and faculty, please contact them by email only.
- To contact our Main Office, please continue to fill out our Contact Form on DiscoverHeritage.ca or call our toll-free number at 1-800-465-1961.
Heritage College & Seminary continues to accept applications for the Fall 2020 semester, including Residence Applications.
- Our Admissions Team and Registrar’s Office is currently working remotely and will be happy to assist you in your application to Heritage for this fall. If you have questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please visit DiscoverHeritage.ca/Apply to find both our College and Seminary Applications.
- For our Residence Application for accepted or returning students, please contact DJ Mudde, Dean of Student Life, at email@example.com.
Looking ahead, Heritage and its leaders are currently making plans to continue teaching and equipping both college and seminary students this fall.
- While we await further direction from government and public health officials on how best to prepare a safe learning environment in the fall, Heritage has begun to look at plans to move forward with a new semester this September.
- Please be assured that Heritage is committed to providing all students – both new and returning – with the high-quality, theologically-rich educational experience Heritage has become known for.
We are thankful for your prayers and support during this unique time in the history of Heritage College & Seminary. Know that we are praying for our students, alumni, and all in our Heritage community during this time and we continue to trust and hope in our faithful God.
To stay updated on what’s happening at Heritage College & Seminary, please stay updated by reviewing this website regularly and look for announcements on social media or by email.
PREVIOUS CAMPUS UPDATES
Click here to read more about how Heritage College & Seminary has responded to the COVID-19 pandemic. This update includes information on the following decisions:
- All Spring and Summer Semester classes at Heritage College & Seminary moving to online delivery
- Closing the Administrative Offices at Heritage College & Seminary and moving to online operations and the closure of the Heritage Library
- Completing the Winter Semester online and other announcements
We ask for your patience and understanding during this time as we continue to deal with this ever-changing situation surrounding the COVID-19 Pandemic. If you have any questions, please feel free to be in contact with your respective faculty, faculty advisors, deans, and department heads or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Preventative Measures at Heritage College & Seminary
Updated as of March 16th, 2020
Personal Preventative Measures
In following with recommendations, we are asking all in the Heritage community to:
- Please stay home if you are sick or feeling unwell.
- Please refrain from all non-essential international travel and domestic air travel.
- If you have traveled to or from a designated, high-risk area we would ask that you not come to campus and follow the national protocol of quarantine of 14 days to ensure you are not carrying the virus and report by email to David Switzer at email@example.com.
- If you have been in an environment interacting with people who have been later identified to be carriers or infected, we would require you to self-quarantine for up to 14 days as per national health guidelines and report by email to David Switzer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are presenting symptoms consistent with COVID-19 – such as coughing, sneezing, fever, and headaches – please be in contact with your medical professional, contact Telehealth at 1-866-797-0000, and contact David Switzer at email@example.com.
Campus – Wide Preventative Efforts
In order to protect our community and workplace, Heritage College & Seminary is asking that all students, staff, and faculty will take note of these personal efforts throughout the campus:
- Maintain good hygiene habits – washing your hands regularly for at least 20 seconds with soap or use alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your face – eyes, nose, and mouth – with unwashed hands during this time.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or sleeve when coughing or sneezing and keep your distance from others while doing so.
In an effort to create a safe learning environment at Heritage, the campus will be implementing the following:
- Heritage is requesting that you would refrain from shaking hands – please greet with fist or elbow bumps instead.
- The campus will be outfitted with a number of publicly accessible, no-touch, hand-sanitizer stations that we encourage you to use regularly.
- There will be an increased frequency of cleaning and sterilization of all areas of the campus, especially high-contact areas.
- Informational posters will be distributed throughout the campus.
What Do You Do If You Believe You Have COVID-19?
If you believe that you have become ill with respiratory symptoms and had potential connection with COVID-19, please:
- Contact Telehealth Ontario at 1-866-797-0000 to seek advice.
- Also inform David Switzer through email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information: