Updated as of March 16th, 2020
Personal Preventative Measures
In following with recommendations, we are asking all in the Heritage community to:
- Please stay home if you are sick or feeling unwell.
- Please refrain from all non-essential international travel and domestic air travel.
- If you have traveled to or from a designated, high-risk area we would ask that you not come to campus and follow the national protocol of quarantine of 14 days to ensure you are not carrying the virus and report by email to David Switzer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have been in an environment interacting with people who have been later identified to be carriers or infected, we would require you to self-quarantine for up to 14 days as per national health guidelines and report by email to David Switzer at email@example.com.
- If you are presenting symptoms consistent with COVID-19 – such as coughing, sneezing, fever, and headaches – please be in contact with your medical professional, contact Telehealth at 1-866-797-0000, and contact David Switzer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Campus – Wide Preventative Efforts
In order to protect our community and workplace, Heritage College & Seminary is asking that all students, staff, and faculty will take note of these personal efforts throughout the campus:
- Maintain good hygiene habits – washing your hands regularly for at least 20 seconds with soap or use alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your face – eyes, nose, and mouth – with unwashed hands during this time.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or sleeve when coughing or sneezing and keep your distance from others while doing so.
In an effort to create a safe learning environment at Heritage, the campus will be implementing the following:
- Heritage is requesting that you would refrain from shaking hands – please greet with fist or elbow bumps instead.
- The campus will be outfitted with a number of publicly accessible, no-touch, hand-sanitizer stations that we encourage you to use regularly.
- There will be an increased frequency of cleaning and sterilization of all areas of the campus, especially high-contact areas.
- Informational posters will be distributed throughout the campus.
What Do You Do If You Believe You Have COVID-19?
If you believe that you have become ill with respiratory symptoms and had potential connection with COVID-19, please:
- Contact Telehealth Ontario at 1-866-797-0000 to seek advice.
- Also inform David Switzer through email at email@example.com.