CAMPUS UPDATE – March 23, 2020
From the President’s Cabinet of Heritage College & Seminary.
As the situation involving the global pandemic surrounding COVID-19 continues to be fluid and ever-changing, the leadership of Heritage College & Seminary continues to monitor the situation throughout Ontario, Canada, and globally.
With circumstances like this comes the difficulty surrounding how best to prioritize the health and safety of our campus community – including students, faculty, staff, and their families. We also are striving to show love to our neighbour and make decisions that will help in doing so.
As a result, the President’s Cabinet has made some difficult decisions surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic and the remainder of the academic year at Heritage College & Seminary:
All Spring/Summer multi-modal and module courses being offered at Heritage College & Seminary will be delivered online.
- In order to enable our students to continue their training at Heritage this spring and summer, plans are being made to move all multi-modal and module Spring/Summer courses to an online delivery format.
- Faculty will be in contact with all students enrolled in these courses as they begin in order to inform you as to how the courses will now run.
- For more information on our Spring/Summer courses, please visit DiscoverHeritage.ca/Summer.
Heritage College & Seminary Administrative Offices will be closed starting Monday, March 16, 2020 and all campus operations will continue to serve students online.
- All staff and faculty of Heritage College & Seminary will be required to continue to work and serve students from home through online means.
- If you are in need of contacting anyone from our staff and faculty, please make sure to contact them by email only.
- To contact our Main Office, please continue to call our toll-free number at 1-800-465-1961 or fill out our Contact Form found on DiscoverHeritage.ca.
The Heritage College & Seminary Library will be closed starting Monday, March 16 until further notice.
- We regret to inform you that the Library will be closed for individual access starting Monday, March 16th. These arrangements for the Library will be in place for four weeks, at the end of which the closure will be re-evaluated.
- We understand that this will greatly impact many students and their research this semester. Please await further word from your faculty as to how this will impact the remainder of the semester with regard to final assignments and exams.
All College and Seminary classes for the duration of the 2020 Winter Semester will be moving to Online on myHeritage.
- Starting Monday, March 16th and for the remainder of the semester, all College and Seminary classes will be delivered online through myHeritage.
- Please keep updated on the plans regarding your classes through your myHeritage email address as faculty will be connecting with you regarding how the classes will be conducted for the rest of the semester.
- We ask that you would be patient during this transition time and understand that we are working diligently to ensure your semester and hard-work studying will not be lost.
- Please note that online registration for both Fall Semester 2020 will continue with the deadline of June 30th. Students are asked to be in contact with their faculty advisors by email.
Heritage Residence Students will be required to vacate no later than Wednesday, March 18th at 8:00pm.
- In order to ensure the health and safety of the student body, we will be asking that the students living on campus at Heritage College & Seminary vacate their rooms by Wednesday, March 18th at 8:00pm.
- Exceptions to this requirement may be requested by filling out this Exception Form – Click here to access the Exception Form.
- For returning students who plan to be living in residence next academic year, Heritage will provide a partial credit towards next year’s room and board. Details to follow.
- For more information or questions, please contact DJ Mudde, Dean of Student Services at email@example.com or our Residence Directors Dane Allen at firstname.lastname@example.org and Katie Allen at email@example.com.
All on-campus events and travel will be postponed or suspended.
- As a precautionary measure, all SERVE.experience service trips will be suspended for May 2020 with efforts being made to coordinate trips at a later date.
- In addition to the cancellation of Ministry Leadership Day, the following events will be postponed for a later date or cancelled:
- Student Sampler – March 17-18
- Tech Talks for Churches – April 4
- Arts Week – March 16-19
- St. Patrick’s Mission Dinner – March 17
- All campus tours, youth group bubble soccer or NERF events, and other recruitment events will be either rescheduled or postponed. If you have any questions, please contact Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Graduation 2020 will effectively be postponed until Fall 2020
- With the recommendations from the Ontario Government to limit and avoid large gatherings of people, we have made the difficult decision to postpone graduation events for some time in Fall 2020.
- We will be working toward a new date and will inform all of the new plans as soon as possible.
We ask for your patience and understanding during this time as we continue to deal with this ever-changing situation surrounding the COVID-19 Pandemic. If you have any questions, please feel free to be in contact with your respective faculty, faculty advisors, deans, and department heads or email us at email@example.com.