Noticeably Better Preaching Course
The Noticeably Better Preaching Course is designed to help you get better in five key areas:
- Content: serving up richly biblical sermons that spiritually nourish those who hear.
- Clarity: making it easier for people to follow you and remember what they heard
- Interest: gaining and sustaining interest from start to finish
- Gospel: pointing people to Christ, starting from whatever passage you are preaching
- Delivery: using the full range of your personality to preach with believable passion
The Noticeably Better Preaching Course can be taken solo or done as part of a cohort that you put together. It can be taken as a seminar or for seminary credit at Heritage Theological Seminary.
The course consists of:
- 10 sessions covering the five key areas.
- Full teaching notes for each session
- An instructional video on how to get the most out of the course
- A sermon feedback matrix that can help you get meaningful input on your sermons.
Take the course for seminary creditApply here
If you are a current Heritage Seminary Student, sign up for credit through myHeritage during open enrolment. For more information please email email@example.com
Meet Dr. Rick Reed
Dr. Reed serves as the President of Heritage College and Seminary in Cambridge, Ontario. Prior to coming to Heritage, Dr. Reed served for as a pastor for over twenty-five years, including fourteen years as the Senior Pastor at the Metropolitan Bible Church in Ottawa, Ontario.
Rick’s calling in life is to preach God’s Word and to equip and encourage others who preach. Several years ago, on a visit to Dallas, Texas, Rick and Linda visited Stonebriar Community Church where Chuck Swindoll serves as the lead pastor. In a conversation with Dr. Swindoll between services, he said to Rick: “I have a message for you to take back to Canada: Train expository preachers for all of Canada.” Those words further strengthened a commitment Rick has had for over a decade. This course is one way he seeks to live out that calling.