God has called Christians to be devoted disciples who are also disciple makers – sharing the good news of love, hope, and freedom that is found in the grace of Jesus. Be equipped and prepared to live a life for God and His mission in your everyday life with the Bachelor of Religious Education – Three Year General. This degree focuses on providing you with the opportunity to study God’s Word, learn more about theology, be introduced to various fields in general education, all while being equipped to be everyday disciples and witnesses in the world – in the workplace, in further education, in all of life.
Over the course of this three-year degree, you will:
- Grow in your faith and obtain an understanding of God’s call on your life to be a disciple who make disciples – whatever you do in life and wherever you live.
- Study God’s Word while gaining insight from theological studies.
- Gain an understanding of the history and mission of the church.
- Choose from a variety of electives and choose to study fields of personal interest as a part of your degree.
Note: The BRE – Three Year General is designed for personal and spiritual formation and is not meant to train for professional vocational ministry. For those looking to prepare for graduate studies or pastoral ministry – learn more about our Bachelor of Theology or Bachelor of Religious Education – Honours degrees.
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma with a minimum average of 65% overall
- six university preparatory Grade 12 courses; four of these must be U level courses and the other two must be either U or M level. One of the six must be U level English. A minimum grade of 60% each of these six university preparatory courses is required
- Applicants from other provinces or countries will have their high school transcripts reviewed for equivalency.
- Homeschooled applicants are required to write the Canadian Adult Achievement Test (CAAT) on campus at Heritage and achieve a minimum of grade 12 in each section
- Campus Outreach
- Non-Profit Organization Staff/ Director
- Church ministry staff
Apply to a Program or Register for a Course
Current students login to myHeritage and register.
Contact your admissions advisor for more information.