Individuals applying for admission to Heritage must be a Christian who desires further training for life and ministry. Admission to the College is not limited by ethnicity, gender, or national origin.

Admission into a Certificate Program

Applicants from Ontario must have:

  • Completed an Ontario Secondary School Diploma with a minimum average of 65% overall
  • Six Grade 12 courses at the U, M or C level
  • One of the six courses must be English with a 60% or above

Courses completed at the “E” (or, workplace) level, and co-op courses, will not be considered in the calculation of the average.

Admission into a Degree Program

Applicants from Ontario must have:

  • completed an Ontario Secondary School Diploma with a minimum average of 65% overall
  • six university preparatory Grade 12 courses; four of these must be U level courses and the other two must be either U or M level,
  • a minimum grade of 60% in each eligible Grade 12 course, and
  • One of the six courses must be U level English with a 60% or above

It is further suggested that students have an additional grade 12 “U” level English course and a grade 12 “U” level History course.

Students who wish to pursue a degree at Heritage but do not meet the Academic requirements may be placed into the Track to Degree program.

Home School Students

Applicants who are homeschooled must come to Heritage to write the Canadian Adult Achievement Test (CAAT). Students must score a Grade 10 level to be admitted to a Certificate Program and a Grade 12 or above to be admitted into a Degree Program.

Alternatively, students may submit an SAT score. Students must score 950 out of 1600, or 1420 out of 2400 for entrance to a degree. Students who have scored below 950 or 1420 may be considered on a case-by-case basis, for admission to a certificate.

Mature Students

Students who are 21 years of age and older and who have not earned a Grade 12 Diploma (an OSSD) may apply for admission to Heritage as a mature student. Applicants may be required to come to Heritage to write the Canadian Adult Achievement Test (CAAT). Students must score a Grade 10 level to be admitted to a Certificate Program and a Grade 12 or above to be admitted into a Degree Program.

Transfer Students

Students transferring from another post-secondary institution will have their high school transcript as well as their post-secondary studies assessed. Official transcript must be submitted to Heritage from all institutions attended.

Music Program Admission

In addition to the regular application procedure, an audition is required for students desiring to enter a music program at Heritage. Applicants to the music program are required to pass an audition before their application can be submitted to the Admissions Committee for final approval. The audition will include an interview, a musical aptitude test, and the performance of two contrasting pieces of music.

Canadian Students from Provinces Outside Ontario

Students from provinces and territories outside Ontario must have a Grade 12 Diploma with requisite courses for university entrance. Students from Quebec must have one year CEGEP, a McGill Senior School Certificate, or a Senior High School Leaving Certificate.

International Students

Students from the United States of America are assessed individually. Generally, students with a majority of courses taken at a college entrance level are granted university entrance status. Students should supply official SAT scores if available. American students must have a valid student visa that can be obtained at port of entry or at the nearest Canadian Consulate. A student will need an acceptance letter, evidence of sufficient funds/financial support, and health insurance to obtain a student visa. This visa must be presented prior to enrollment.

Students from All Other Countries Students are advised to apply at least nine months before their planned enrollment date to allow time for processing, acquiring visas, etc. Students are admitted on the basis of graduation from a recognized high school. It is the applicant’s responsibility to provide documentation that verifies the level of their high school training. Official transcripts must be sent from all schools previously attended. If applicable, the student must provide a certified translation into English.

Proof of English language proficiency is normally required of all international students with the exception of natives from Australia, New Zealand, United Kingdom, and countries of the West Indies (except Cuba, Dominican Republic, Haiti, Martinique, Netherland Antillies, Puerto Rico, and St. Lucia). Students must achieve a minimum score of 550 or 80 (iBT) in the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language). Results must be sent directly to Heritage by using institutional code 1498. Tests can be obtained from TOEFL Services CN6151, Princeton, New Jersey, U.S.A. 08541- 6151.

It is strongly recommended that all applicants have a local support network (welcoming church, local agency, relatives, or other significant persons). This will contribute to the strength of an application.

To obtain a visa, international students must apply through Canadian Immigration officials in their home country. The Immigration officials will want to see an official letter of acceptance and demonstration that sufficient funds or sponsorship is available. To obtain more information on Canadian Immigration policies and procedures, see the Canadian government website.

Applicants are required to submit $2,500 on account at Heritage for the purpose of repatriation before the student comes to Heritage. If the applicant will be accompanied by a spouse and/or other family members, a deposit of $2,500 per person must be on account at Heritage. Upon receipt of a Student Visa, students should immediately submit the repatriation deposit.

International students are only accepted for fall term registration. Students will not be enrolled in studies unless the funds required for the first term of studies have been paid (repatriation deposit, tuition, emergency health insurance for one year, and if applicable, residence costs).

More Information

For further information, please refer to the current College Academic Catalogue or speak to an Admissions Counsellor.