Study God’s Word and be equipped to live a life for God and His mission while gaining a practical orientation in music and worship studies. The Bachelor of Religious Education with a minor in Music provides you with the unique opportunity to focus on the study of the Bible and theology, while also receiving foundational lessons in music and worship ministries studies.
During the course of the three-year BRE – Music Minor, you will:
- Gain foundational knowledge of God’s Word to prepare you for life and ministry.
- Grow as a musician as you receive instruction in your chosen musical instrument and take part in several Music & Worship Studies courses during your studies.
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma with a minimum average of 65% overall
- six university preparatory Grade 12 courses; four of these must be U level courses and the other two must be either U or M level. One of the six must be U level English. A minimum grade of 60% each of these six university preparatory courses is required
- Applicants from other provinces or countries will have their high school transcripts reviewed for equivalency.
- Homeschooled Applicants are required to write an SAT. Heritage requires a SAT score of 950 out of 1600 or 1420 out of 2400 for entrance to a degree. Applicants who have scored below 950 or 1420 may be considered on a case-by-case basis for admission to a certificate. For more information, please visit our Admissions Requirements page.
- The application will include a musical audition and a written music theory placement test.
Apply to a Program or Register for a Course
Current students login to myHeritage and register.Contact your admissions advisor for more information.