Use your gift of music to the glory of God and grow as a musician as you integrate the study of music, worship, and theology all within the Bachelor of Church Music. This program will provide you with the opportunity to develop your music abilities through applied study and rehearsal, while cultivating a biblical and worship-oriented ministry outlook through the study of God’s Word – receiving a double major in theology and music.
During your four years in studying in the B.C.M. program, you will:
- Develop and refine your musical gifts with focused training with skilled instruction and guidance.
- Gain a deeper understanding of the Bible and a solid theological foundation while earning your major in Music.
- Gain valuable experience leading worship and music ministries through campus teams, travelling music teams, and an internship.
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma with a minimum average of 65% overall
- six university preparatory Grade 12 courses; four of these must be U level courses and the other two must be either U or M level. One of the six must be U level English. A minimum grade of 60% each of these six university preparatory courses is required
- Applicants from other provinces or countries will have their high school transcripts reviewed for equivalency.
- Homeschooled Applicants are required to write an SAT. Heritage requires a SAT score of 950 out of 1600 or 1420 out of 2400 for entrance to a degree. Applicants who have scored below 950 or 1420 may be considered on a case-by-case basis for admission to a certificate. For more information, please visit our Admissions Requirements page.
- The application will include a musical audition and a written music theory placement test.
- Worship Leader
- Pastoral Music Ministry
- Cross Cultural Music Ministry
- Performer/Studio Musician
- Music Teacher
Apply to a Program or Register for a Course
Current students login to myHeritage and register.Contact your admissions advisor for more information.