Heritage Announces Changes to the Beginning of the Winter Semester
With the announcement of a province-wide shutdown in Ontario, Heritage College & Seminary has had to adjust how its moving forward with the beginning of the winter semester.
Posted December 21, 2020
On December 21, the Government of Ontario announced the beginning of a province-wide shutdown that will begin on Saturday, December 26. With Heritage College & Seminary residing in the area represented by the Region of Waterloo Public Health, the shutdown will be in effect for 28 days and will end on Saturday, January 23, 2021.
With the announcement of this lockdown, Heritage has had to make adjustments to how we will begin our upcoming winter semester starting on Monday, January 11, 2021.
All winter semester classes will begin through online delivery.
- In keeping with the requirements of the Ontario Ministry of Colleges and Universities, all college classes for the winter semester will start online.
- College students will be sent information on how to access their courses online in the new year.
- All classes will be delivered online until the end of the 28-day lockdown period, meaning in-class instruction would resume Monday, January 25, 2021.
- Limited exceptions may be made based on the Ministry’s guidance for the following practical Music & Worship Studies classes:
- Worship Leadership
- Music Fundamentals II
- Applied Lessons
Heritage will be consulting with the Ministry and will pass on further details to students enrolled in the courses listed above.
Residence at Heritage will remain open.
- Current residence students will be welcome to move back to residence beginning on Saturday, January 9, 2021.
- Students will be able to attend all classes online to begin the semester.
- All existing residence protocols will remain in place including:
- Masks will be required in the hallways, laundry room, and lounges located in the residence buildings.
- Masks are not required while inside your own apartment.
- Bedrooms will only be for the use of the student assigned to the room.
- Impact Groups will continue with the opportunity to meet in common rooms while wearing a mask and maintaining physical distancing.
- The Library and Cafeteria will remain open to serve our student body.
- Fitness Centre and Gymnasium will remain closed.
We look forward to welcoming our residence students back to campus on January 9, and we pray and hope that you will have an enjoyable, safe Christmas season.