Internships at Heritage
Equipping future church leaders
Our mission at Heritage College & Seminary is to glorify God through partnering with churches and parachurch organizations by providing a biblically-based education, equipping people for life in ministry in the church and in the world.
This is why we work with local churches and ministries to intentionally develop future pastoral and ministry leaders through our internship program. Our desire is to support churches and ministries to invest in future church leaders, while equipping the next generation of pastors and ministry leaders to serve churches in Canada and around the world.
The Heritage Internship Experience
As a Heritage Intern, you will have the opportunity to serve and grow in a church or ministry for two years. Students will serve an average of 40 hours a week which includes time to continue studies at Heritage.
- Be Mentored – Learn and grow under the wisdom, counsel, and mentorship of an experienced pastor or supervisor who will intentionally provide supervision, encouragement, guidance, and feedback.
- Learn While You Serve – Work in an environment where you can develop skills by participating in hands-on ministry opportunities in your field of study.
- Grow While You Learn – Your experience will be focused on your spiritual growth and will help you understand better your gifting, relational skills, and competencies.
- Apply What You Learn – Take what you learn from your classes and apply them to ministry while finishing your theological degree.
Heritage degree students can choose to major in:
- Pastoral Studies
- Youth Ministries
- Children’s Ministries
- Biblical Counseling Ministries
- Music and Worship Studies
- Intercultural Studies
In order to be eligible to participate in a Mentoring Internship, students are required to have completed the specific elements of their program as well as a substantial portion of their degree.
- BRE Students are required to have completed 2/3 of their program (2 years).
- BTh and BRE Honours students are required to have completed 3/4 of their program (3 years).
- All college students are required to meet with the Internship Director to determine their eligibility.
- Students working toward an MDiv or MTS degree may also serve as an intern.
Be Prepared for Life & Ministry
“We believe that two-year, full-time internships are a vital part of our student’s education. These intentional and intensive internships provide the opportunity for our students to be mentored in ministry, confirm God’s call, and to put into practice many of the things they have learned in the classroom. Internships also prepare them well for long-term ministry in local churches and other ministries. Two-year, full-time interns will earn some income and also receive tuition assistance from the church or ministry where they are serving.”
Godfrey Thorogood, Vice President of Ministry Partners & Internships
Contact Us to Learn More
To learn more about our two-year internships or to get information on how to welcome a Heritage Intern to serve in your place of ministry, please contact: