Take one year to study God’s Word in Christian community while focusing on the craft of musical composition and song writing. The Performance & Composition Certificate will provide you with the opportunity to develop your skills in instrumental or vocal music, learn the basics of arranging and writing music, while growing spiritually through studying the Bible.
This one-year certificate program will:
- Give you the opportunity to dig deep into God’s Word.
- Broaden your foundation of music while getting the opportunity to gain experience performing with others and through a personal graduation recital.
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma with a minimum average of 65% overall, 6 grade 12 courses at the U, M, or C level – one of which must be English (with a 60% or above).
- Applicants from other provinces or countries will have their high school transcripts reviewed for equivalency.
- Homeschooled Applicants are required to write an SAT. Heritage requires a SAT score of 950 out of 1600 or 1420 out of 2400 for entrance to a degree. Applicants who have scored below 950 or 1420 may be considered on a case-by-case basis for admission to a certificate. For more information, please visit our Admissions Requirements page.
- The application will include a musical audition and a written music theory placement test.
Program BenefitsLearn to arrange, compose, and build confidence in your performance abilities. Grow in your musical skills through private weekly lessons, all while shaping your biblical worldview through theological studies.
Apply to a Program or Register for a Course
Current students login to myHeritage and register.Contact your admissions advisor for more information.