Bachelor of Theology – Youth MinistriesContact your admissions advisor
Mentors who love God and know Him and His Word are important to the long-term spiritual life of the church and its young people. Youth need leaders who are shaped by the love of Christ in their own hearts to teach, disciple, and talk to them about their questions about God with love and grace. The Bachelor of Theology – Youth Ministries aims to equip you to pastorally serve and mentor youth with a foundational knowledge of God’s Word and theology and the practical training to step into this important ministry.
When you will graduate, you will be prepared to serve in a pastoral role, a youth or family ministries role in the church, or in a variety of different youth roles with parachurch organizations, Christian camps, or other youth-focused agencies. Graduates will also receive the qualifications necessary to continue their pastoral studies at Heritage Theological Seminary or another institution if they choose.
Take the B.Th. – Youth Ministries and over four years you will:
- Study God’s Word in depth, gain a deep understanding of theology, and receive a foundation in both Greek and Hebrew.
- Learn about subjects related to the life and well-being of young people and their families.
- Be equipped to serve young people and families in the local church in teaching and preaching God’s Word and discipling them to Christ.
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma with a minimum average of 65% overall
- Six university preparatory Grade 12 courses; four of these must be U level courses and the other two must be either U or M level. One of the six must be U level English. A minimum grade of 60% each of these six university preparatory courses is required
- Applicants from other provinces or countries will have their high school transcripts reviewed for equivalency.
- Homeschooled applicants are required to write the Canadian Adult Achievement Test (CAAT) on campus at Heritage and achieve a minimum of grade 12 in each section
- Youth Pastor
- Campus Outreach
- Drop-in Centre Director
- Student Development
- School Chaplain
Apply to a Program or Register for a Course
Current students login to myHeritage and register.Contact your admissions advisor for more information.