Bachelor of Theology – Social and Family MinistriesContact your admissions advisor
Learn to be a pastor who helps children and their families understand who God is and how we as His children draw close to Him through the redemptive story of salvation found in Scripture with the Bachelor of Theology – Social and Family Ministries. With a major in Bible and theology and a minor in social and family ministry, this program will equip you to be rooted in the knowledge of God’s Word and equip you to teach children and support families as they faithfully live for Christ in everyday life.
This degree will not only prepare you for pastoral ministry in family ministries or with parachurch organizations, but will also provide you with the qualifications to enter further pastoral studies at Heritage Theological Seminary or another seminary after graduation.
Over the course of four years, the B.Th. – Social and Family Ministries will:
- Provide you with a deep knowledge of the Bible, the ability to preach and teach God’s Word, a foundation in Greek and Hebrew, and an understanding of the role of the church in life of the family.
- Teach you the skills needed to provide assistance for the whole person in the context of educational programs, basic counselling, referral services, and spiritual guidance.
- The experience to be personally grounded in your faith, while learning how to serve for His glory in the field during an internship.
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma with a minimum average of 65% overall
- six university preparatory Grade 12 courses; four of these must be U level courses and the other two must be either U or M level. One of the six must be U level English. A minimum grade of 60% each of these six university preparatory courses is required
- Applicants from other provinces or countries will have their high school transcripts reviewed for equivalency.
- Homeschooled applicants are required to write the Canadian Adult Achievement Test (CAAT) on campus at Heritage and achieve a minimum of grade 12 in each section
- Camp Director
- Family/Outreach Pastor
- Community Outreach Worker
- Pregnancy Resource Centre
Apply to a Program or Register for a Course
Current students login to myHeritage and register.Contact your admissions advisor for more information.