Be prepared for a life of faithful ministry, shepherding and serving the church to love God and His Word in pastoral ministry. The Bachelor of Theology – Pastoral Studies program sets out to equip those who are led to lead the church as a pastor by providing students with the opportunity to learn and grow personally as they study God’s Word, while gaining valuable guidance and practical experience in the many facets of pastoral ministry.
Graduates of this program will also be prepared to step into further teaching and training at Heritage Theological Seminary.
The four-year B.Th. – Pastoral Studies will prepare you through:
- Cultivating a deep, personal love for God and experiencing spiritual growth through studying the Bible alongside other disciples of Christ.
- Teaching you how to communicate God’s Word effectively through preaching, teaching, and counselling.
- Gaining a working knowledge of the biblical languages and how to study God’s Word.
- Developing your skills as a servant leader with a practical internship, including mentorship and experience serving in a local church.
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma with a minimum average of 65% overall
- six university preparatory Grade 12 courses; four of these must be U level courses and the other two must be either U or M level. One of the six must be U level English. A minimum grade of 60% each of these six university preparatory courses is required
- Applicants from other provinces or countries will have their high school transcripts reviewed for equivalency.
- Homeschooled applicants are required to write the Canadian Adult Achievement Test (CAAT) on campus at Heritage and achieve a minimum of grade 12 in each section
- Church Lay Leader
Apply to a Program or Register for a Course
Current students login to myHeritage and register.
Contact your admissions advisor for more information.