Receive the equipping and education to pastor and shepherd the church, coupled with the training to utilize your musical abilities to lead others into lives of worship. The Bachelor of Theology – Music will provide you with a major in Bible and theology with a minor in music – meaning you will gain a strong biblical and theological foundation for a life in ministry while studying music and growing in your own gifts to serve the church.
After graduating from the B.Th. – Music, you will be able to serve in a pastoral role in the church, while also receiving the qualifications to continue your studies at Heritage Theological Seminary in a pastoral studies program.
The four years you will spend completing the B.Th. will provide you with:
- A foundation in the Bible and theology and the tools to study and teach God’s Word.
- The opportunity to develop and grow in your musical knowledge and abilities.
- A heart for the church, a passion to evangelize to the lost, and the skills and experience to help people live as everyday disciples of Christ.
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma with a minimum average of 65% overall
- six university preparatory Grade 12 courses; four of these must be U level courses and the other two must be either U or M level. One of the six must be U level English. A minimum grade of 60% each of these six university preparatory courses is required
- Applicants from other provinces or countries will have their high school transcripts reviewed for equivalency.
- Homeschooled applicants are required to write the Canadian Adult Achievement Test (CAAT) on campus at Heritage and achieve a minimum of grade 12 in each section
- The application will include a musical audition and a written music theory placement test.
- Worship Leader
- Pastoral Music Ministry
- Cross Cultural Music Ministry
- Associate Pastor
Apply to a Program or Register for a Course
Current students login to myHeritage and register.
Contact your admissions advisor for more information.