Bachelor of Religious Education – Pre-SeminaryContact your admissions advisor
Receive the foundation and training to point people to the past, present, and future work of Christ with theological knowledge and a heart for the kingdom. The BRE – Pre-Seminary seeks to provide students with a broad-based academic foundation and personal spiritual growth; preparing them for future graduate-level study at seminary.
Graduates will receive the education and experience necessary to continue their studies at Heritage Theological Seminary or another institution in a Master of Divinity program.
The three-year, BRE – Pre-Seminary will equip you with:
- A solid, academic knowledge of a variety of subjects from a Christian perspective such as psychology, history, philosophy, English literature and others.
- A foundational and personal understanding of Scripture.
- A basic understanding of the history and theology of the Christian faith.
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma with a minimum average of 65% overall
- Six university preparatory Grade 12 courses; four of these must be U level courses and the other two must be either U or M level. One of the six must be U level English. A minimum grade of 60% each of these six university preparatory courses is required
- Applicants from other provinces or countries will have their high school transcripts reviewed for equivalency.
- Homeschooled applicants are required to write the Canadian Adult Achievement Test (CAAT) on campus at Heritage and achieve a minimum of grade 12 in each section
- Prepares you to begin a Masters of Divinity program
- Spiritual Care Professional
Apply to a Program or Register for a Course
Current students login to myHeritage and register.Contact your admissions advisor for more information.