Today’s young people need leaders and pastors who are mature in their faith, grounded in the truth of God’s Word, and have the ability to support and walk with the person and their families to bring them to the hope of Christ. The Bachelor of Religious Education – Honours – Youth Ministries will give you the skills, training, and experience necessary to serve and disciple youth in the churches and communities you will serve within.
When you graduate, will be equipped to enter pastoral positions in youth or family ministries as well as serving in a number of other opportunities including outreach ministries, Christian camps, youth-related social service agencies, and others.
Over the four-year BRE – Honours: Youth Ministries, you will receive:
- A deep love and understanding of God’s Word and the skills needed to study and teach the Bible.
- Practical teaching on topics like Christian education, youth outreach and discipleship, counselling and guidance, and developing programming for young people.
- A knowledge and understanding of the church and its history.
- Experience working within a church context with a mentor through an internship.
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma with a minimum average of 65% overall
- Six university preparatory Grade 12 courses; four of these must be U level courses and the other two must be either U or M level. One of the six must be U level English. A minimum grade of 60% each of these six university preparatory courses is required
- Applicants from other provinces or countries will have their high school transcripts reviewed for equivalency.
- Homeschooled Applicants are required to write an SAT. Heritage requires a SAT score of 950 out of 1600 or 1420 out of 2400 for entrance to a degree. Applicants who have scored below 950 or 1420 may be considered on a case-by-case basis for admission to a certificate. For more information, please visit our Admissions Requirements page.
- Campus Outreach
- Drop-in Centre Director
- Youth Director
- Student Development
- School Chaplain
Apply to a Program or Register for a Course
Current students login to myHeritage and register.Contact your admissions advisor for more information.