You can play a pivotal role in supporting and encouraging families as they seek to build their lives on the foundation of God and His Word. Be prepared to serve parents and their children in the church or with parachurch organizations with the Bachelor of Religious Education – Honours – Social and Family Ministries. This program will equip you to guide and teach families, building and leading educational programs rooted in the Bible. All while learning the skills needed to walk with parents and children through basic counselling and provide referral services.
This four-year BRE – Honours – Social and Family Ministries will give you:
- A Biblical foundation and the heart to lead children and families to the hope of Christ.
- The knowledge and understanding of academic areas related to families including family roles, interpersonal skills, and theories of education.
- The opportunity to receive training and experience in the field through the internship program.
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma with a minimum average of 65% overall
- Six university preparatory Grade 12 courses; four of these must be U level courses and the other two must be either U or M level. One of the six must be U level English. A minimum grade of 60% each of these six university preparatory courses is required
- Applicants from other provinces or countries will have their high school transcripts reviewed for equivalency.
- Homeschooled applicants are required to write the Canadian Adult Achievement Test (CAAT) on campus at Heritage and achieve a minimum of grade 12 in each section
- Community Centre Director
- Camp Ministry
- Program Facilitator
- Family Ministry Director
Apply to a Program or Register for a Course
Current students login to myHeritage and register.
Contact your admissions advisor for more information.