Bachelor of Religious Education – Honours – Children’s MinistryContact your admissions advisor
Help bring children closer to knowing Christ by being equipped to point children to God’s Word and support families as they strive to do the same. The Bachelor of Religious Education – Honours – Children’s Ministry will help give you a biblical foundation and the appropriate knowledge and skills to serve in a variety of church and agency settings – developing and leading programming, guiding individual children, assessing their needs, basic counselling skills, and providing referral services for children and their families.
After graduating from the BRE – Honours – Children’s Ministry in four years, you will:
- Be prepared to serve in pastoral roles related to children or family ministries, outreach ministries, and camp settings.
- Grow in your knowledge of God’s Word and your ability to teach and communicate theological concepts to children of all ages.
- Receive practical guidance in relevant topics to children’s ministry in the classroom and gain valuable experience applying that knowledge during an internship.
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma with a minimum average of 65% overall
- six university preparatory Grade 12 courses; four of these must be U level courses and the other two must be either U or M level. One of the six must be U level English. A minimum grade of 60% each of these six university preparatory courses is required
- Applicants from other provinces or countries will have their high school transcripts reviewed for equivalency.
- Homeschooled applicants are required to write the Canadian Adult Achievement Test (CAAT) on campus at Heritage and achieve a minimum of grade 12 in each section
- Camp Ministry
- Children’s Program Director
- Children’s Ministry Pastor/ Director
- Children Inclusion Worker
Apply to a Program or Register for a Course
Current students login to myHeritage and register.Contact your admissions advisor for more information.