This four-year degree program is designed for foundational training for those interested in ministering to the myriad of soul care needs that arise in Christian life, para-church ministry, and in the context of the local church. Central to the program is the application of Scripture to daily life, emotional struggles, family dynamics, life challenges, and more.
The BRE – Honours – Biblical Counselling Ministries is designed to:
- Encourage students to grow in Christ-like character
- Equip them to engage in ‘one-another’ ministry effectively
- Empower them to apply Scripture to difficult and challenging life problems.
This degree is intended to lay a foundation for further focused studies in the field of biblical counselling which would be necessary before they would pursue a vocation in the field. Graduates of this degree will be qualified to apply for level 1 certification with the Association of Biblical Counsellors.
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma with a minimum average of 65% overall.
- six university preparatory Grade 12 courses; four of these must be U level courses and the other two must be either U or M level. One of the six must be U level English. A minimum grade of 60% each of these six university preparatory courses is required.
- Applicants from other provinces or countries will have their high school transcripts reviewed for equivalency.
- Homeschooled applicants are required to write the Canadian Adult Achievement Test (CAAT) on campus at Heritage and achieve a minimum of grade 12 in each section.
Apply to a Program or Register for a Course
Current students login to myHeritage and register.
Contact your admissions advisor for more information.