New Protocols for the Winter Semester at Heritage
In light of the Ontario-wide stay-at-home order and other recently heightened measures, Heritage College & Seminary announces new protocols for the winter semester.
Posted January 13, 2021
On Tuesday, January 12, 2021, the Government of Ontario has declared the beginning of the province’s second state-of-emergency. In this announcement, public health measures have tightened more, including an Ontario-wide stay-at-home order effective Thursday, January 14, 2021 at 12:01am – requiring everyone to remain at home with exceptions for essential purposes.
Given the new restrictions and the stay-at-home order, Heritage College & Seminary has had to make significant changes to our protocols and how the campus will operate under these announced measures.
Heritage has made great efforts to create a safe learning environment for our students this winter semester, while striving to comply with the directions given by our governing officials and to show love for our neighbour.
The Heritage Community Centre will be restricted until further notice.
- Effective Thursday, January 14, the Student Centre, Bean, Study Spaces overlooking the Gym and Chapel will be closed to student access.
- Heritage will continue to re-evaluate how the Community Centre is used throughout the semester.
The Heritage Library will suspend in-person services and move to full pick-up service.
- Books can be ordered from Heather Okrafka: email@example.com and you will be notified when they are available for pickup.
- All book requests will need to be made the day before pick-up, and books will be made available for pick-up from 1:00pm – 4:00pm.
- The book drop will be open all the time for returns.
- Scanning of material can also be arranged by contacting Heather Okrafka.
The Cafeteria will move to a take-out model.
- All meals will need to be picked up in the Cafeteria and taken back to your residence rooms to enjoy.
Gatherings will be limited to five people outdoors.
- Under the provincial guidelines, social gatherings can still occur outdoors with a maximum of 5 people, while maintaining physical distancing.
Bookstore and Counselling Services will still operate.
- The Bookstore will still provide pick-up options for students. Please contact the Bookstore for more details.
- Counselling services will still operate at Heritage following the provincial guidelines.
Off-Campus Students may only come on campus for essential services.
- Essential services include: Library Pick-Up, Take-Out Food Services, Counselling Services.
- Seminary Students will be able to utilize the Heritage Library using the new pick-up format.
- Weather permitting, the Ice Rink at Heritage will have a maximum capacity of 5 skaters.
- Recreational skating and skills practice are permitted.
- Hockey or Shinny will not be allowed under provincial guidelines.
Residence Students will be provided with a discounted fee for the Winter 2021 Semester.
- Given the changes to living on campus, Heritage will be providing all on-campus, residence students with a 25% discount on this semester’s fees – equalling $525.
- If you feel like you are unable to stay, there will be a partial refund of 75% provided.
- Students who decide to leave will be making the decision to leave for the remainder of the semester.
- Residence students will have until the morning of Thursday, January 14 to inform Student Services on their decision.
Staff and Faculty of Heritage are required to work from home.
- In light of the stay-at-home order, all staff and faculty of Heritage will be required to work from home, unless they are given permission from their supervisor.
We continue to look forward to seeing how God will work in the lives of our entire Heritage community as we begin the winter semester at the college and seminary.