In preparing to enter the Provincewide Emergency Brake Shutdown in Ontario, Heritage announces a number of changes to its current protocols and campus operations for the remainder of the academic year.
Posted April 1, 2021
With the recent announcement from the Government of Ontario, the province will officially move into a 28-day shutdown starting Saturday, April 3.
As a result, Heritage College & Seminary will be making the following changes to our protocols and operations on campus for the remainder of the academic year in order to continue providing a safe learning environment for our students.
College students will complete the winter semester through online delivery.
- In keeping with the provincial regulations for colleges and universities, college classes will move to online, remote delivery.
- Continuing to follow the Ministry’s guidance on practical Music & Worship Studies classes, the following classes will finish in-person:
- Worship Leadership
- Music Fundamentals II
- Applied Lessons
- Seminary courses will continue to be offered only online.
- College professors will be in contact with students regarding further details on classes and exams.
The Heritage Library will move to a full pick-up service.
- Books can be ordered from Heather Okrafka: firstname.lastname@example.org and you will be notified when they are available for pickup.
- All book requests will need to be made the day before pick-up, and books will be made available for pick-up from 1:00pm – 4:00pm.
- Seminary students will be able to utilize the Heritage Library using the new pick-up method.
- The book drop off will be open all the time for returns.
- Scanning of material can also be arranged by contacting Heather Okrafka.
Off-Campus Students may only come on campus for essential purposes.
- Essential services include: Library Pick-Up and Counselling Services.
The Use of the Heritage Community Centre will be limited for the remainder of the semester.
- The Heritage Community Centre will only be available for students for only individual study space during the emergency brake shutdown.
- Students will be able to access the space from 8:00am to 4:30pm.
- Tables and booths will be limited to one student or one apartment only.
- The Fitness Centre and Gymnasium will be closed for the remainder of the semester.
Residence at Heritage will remain open for the remainder of the semester.
- Students who choose to finish the semester in residence will be required to stay on campus until the assigned move-out day.
- Students will be permitted to only make trips off campus for essential purposes which include groceries, pharmacy, work, or medical appointments.
- With churches being allowed to open at 15% capacity, students will still be allowed to attend church while maintaining physical distancing, wearing masks, and following public health measures.
Starting Monday, April 5, the Cafeteria will offer meals to students through take-out.
- All meals will need to be picked up in the Cafeteria and taken back to your residence rooms.
Outdoor gatherings are permitted with a limit of 5 people
- Gatherings may only occur outdoors with a maximum of 5 people while maintaining physical distancing.
Heritage Staff and Faculty are required to work from home starting Monday, April 5.
- All staff and faculty of Heritage will be required to work from home, unless they are given permission from their supervisor.