England Study Trip 2023
Heritage College & Seminary students are invited to join professors Michael A.G. Haykin and Baiyu Andrew Song for a 14-day trip to various historic sites in England during the summer of 2023.
Both college and seminary students will hear lectures at historic sites and come to appreciate our rich evangelical heritage. During the trip, students will also meet church leaders and scholars in England to hear first-hand testimonies about their ministries and studies. Students will also be guided by guest scholars as they remember figures such as C.S. Lewis, Andrew Fuller, and others.
As a study trip, students will be able to take up to two courses (6 credit hours) before or during the trip. Students can also participate in an internship or ministry placement (up to 4 weeks) in a local church in Britain after the conclusion of the trip if qualified.
Dates: June 18–July 1, 2023
Maximum Number of Participants: 9 Students
This trip is available to both undergraduate and graduate-level students.
- Michael A.G. Haykin, Professor of Church History, Heritage Theological Seminary, Cambridge, ON; Fellow of Royal Historical Society
- Baiyu Andrew Song, Assistant Professor of General Education Studies, Heritage Baptist College, Cambridge, ON; Fellow of Royal Asiatic Society
Courses to be offered:
- Baptist History––Prof. Michael A.G. Haykin
- History of the Church (HIS-321) ––Prof. Baiyu Andrew Song
- Anglican History and Theology––Prof. Baiyu Andrew Song
- Day 1 (June 18) ––Arrival
- Day 2 (June 19) ––Oxford
- Day 3 (June 20) ––Oxford
- Day 4 (June 21) ––Bath and Bristol
- Day 5 (June 22) ––Oxford
- Day 6 (June 23) ––London
- Day 7 (June 24) ––London
- Day 8 (June 25) ––London
- Day 9 (June 26) ––Canterbury
- Day 10 (June 27) ––Cambridge
- Day 11 (June 28) ––Bedfordshire
- Day 12 (June 29) ––Norwich
- Day 13 (June 30) ––Huntingdonshire
- Day 14 (July 1) ––Cambridge
- Day 15 (July 2) —Departure to Toronto
Details and Costs:
- $4000 (excluding flight tickets, lunch and dinner, and course fees) per person
- Accommodations may be requested for couples for reduced prices
- 30% deposit is required by January 31, 2023
- Deadline for registering: March 1, 2023
- $3500 for early bird (if register by January 1, 2023)
- Full payment: March 31, 2023
- Fees can only be paid in cash or bank transfer directly to Heritage.
- Other costs:
- Flight tickets
- Course fees: $1140 per course
- Other Costs: c. $400 (including lunches, dinners, transports from Heathrow to Oxford and Cambridge to Heathrow)
- Internship Details: food and accommodations will be covered by local hosts
Interested in Joining the England Study Trip 2023?
Please fill out the form below to express your interest in joining the England Study Trip 2023.