Fall and Winter 2020-2021 Updates
Heritage staff member tests positive for COVID-19
The case has been deemed low risk to the College & Seminary community and the staff member is continuing their self-isolation period.
Posted April 19, 2021
Heritage College & Seminary has been informed that one of our staff members has recently tested positive for COVID-19.
For more information, please visit DiscoverHeritage.ca/COVID19.
Heritage College & Seminary Moves into a Province-wide Stay-at-Home Order Beginning Thursday, April 8
Heritage will continue to operate under its current protocols and guidelines for the remainder of the academic year.
Posted April 8, 2021
On April 7, the government of Ontario officially declared that the province will be entering its third state of emergency. With this announcement, the government has issued another province-wide stay-at-home order that will begin on April 8, 2021.
As the academic year draws to a close, Heritage College & Seminary is continuing to make every effort to provide a safe learning environment for our students, staff, and faculty. As a result, the school will continue to follow protocols and guidelines that have been previously established on April 1, 2021.
Please see below the protocols and guidelines for the Heritage community during this stay-at-home order:
College students will complete the winter semester through online delivery.
- In keeping with the provincial regulations for colleges and universities, college classes will move to online, remote delivery.
- Continuing to follow the Ministry’s guidance on practical Music & Worship Studies classes, the following classes will finish in-person:
- Worship Leadership
- Music Fundamentals II
- Applied Lessons
- Seminary courses will continue to be offered only online.
- College professors will be in contact with students regarding further details on classes and exams.
The Heritage Library will move to a full pick-up service.
- Books can be ordered from Heather Okrafka: firstname.lastname@example.org you will be notified when they are available for pickup.
- All book requests will need to be made the day before pick-up, and books will be made available for pick-up from 1:00pm – 4:00pm.
- Seminary students will be able to utilize the Heritage Library using the new pick-up method.
- The book drop off will be open all the time for returns.
- Scanning of material can also be arranged by contacting Heather Okrafka.
Off-Campus Students may only come on campus for essential purposes.
- Essential services include: Library Pick-Up and Counselling Services.
The Use of the Heritage Community Centre will be limited for the remainder of the semester.
- The Heritage Community Centre will only be available for students for only individual study space during the emergency brake shutdown.
- Students will be able to access the study space from 8:00am to 4:30pm.
- Tables and booths will be limited to one student or one apartment only.
- The Fitness Centre and Gymnasium will be closed for the remainder of the semester.
Residence at Heritage will remain open for the remainder of the semester.
- Students who choose to finish the semester in residence will be required to stay on campus until the assigned move-out day.
- Students will be permitted to only make trips off campus for essential purposes which include groceries, pharmacy, work, or medical appointments.
- With churches being allowed to open at 15% capacity, students will still be allowed to attend church while maintaining physical distancing, wearing masks, and following public health measures.
The Heritage Cafeteria will continue to offer meals to students through take-out.
- All meals will need to be picked up in the Cafeteria and taken back to your residence rooms.
Outdoor gatherings are permitted with a limit of 5 people
- Gatherings may only occur outdoors with a maximum of 5 people while maintaining physical distancing.
Heritage Staff and Faculty are required to work from home.
- All staff and faculty of Heritage will be required to work from home, unless they are given permission from their supervisor.
All protocols will continue to be in effect.
- You must wear an appropriately fitting mask inside of all campus buildings, with the exception of your residence room.
- You must swipe in and out of all campus buildings using the swipe card issued by the main office.
- When you use the swipe card, you are confirming that you are feeling well and are not displaying any of the common symptoms of COVID-19. Please use the Ontario COVID-19 Self-Assessment found at https://covid-19.ontario.ca/self-assessment/.
- You must sanitize your hands when you enter and leave all campus buildings and keep a physical distance of 6 feet or 2 metres.
2020 – 2021 Campus Protocols
Revised February 18, 2021
“Our team has spent months praying and planning for this upcoming year. In spite of the challenges caused by the pandemic, we are asking God to do “far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us” (Ephesians 3:20).” – President Dr. Rick Reed
Heritage College & Seminary has just released its safety protocols for the 2020-2021 Academic Year. It’s our deep desire that this year at Heritage will be a time of spiritual impact and physical safety.
To read the 2020-2021 Campus Protocols document, please click the link below to download the PDF:
Cambridge COVID-19 Assessment Centre – 226-895-1050
215 Holiday Inn Drive
Hours of Operation: Monday to Friday 8:30am – 8:30pm; Saturday, Sunday and Holidays 8:30am-4:30pm
Telehealth Ontario – 1-866-797-0000
Heritage College & Seminary Announces Plans for Operation Under the Provincewide Emergency Brake Shutdown – Posted April 1, 2021
Heritage College & Seminary Moves into Red-Control on Tuesday, February 16 – Posted February 16, 2021
Moving Forward as the Region of Waterloo Becomes a Provincial Red – Control COVID-19 Zone – Posted November 23, 2020