Fall and Winter 2020-2021 Updates
Moving Forward as the Region of Waterloo Becomes a Provincial Red-Control COVID-19 Zone
Posted November 23, 2020
Effective at midnight on Monday, November 23, 2020, the Region of Waterloo Public Health and Emergency Services has officially been moved to level Red – Control within the province’s COVID-19 response framework.
As Heritage College & Seminary and everyone within the region enters the first day at this level, it is important that we all as students, staff, and faculty understand what means for all of us – both in regard to on-campus operations as well as the Heritage community.
On the day our region enters this new level, please note the following:
All Team Sports are Cancelled Effective November 23
- Under Ontario’s public health measures for regions designated Red – Control, team spots must not be practiced or played. As a result, all team sports have been cancelled and will not be allowed in the Gym.
- The Gym will remain open for use with a maximum of 10 people and can only be used for individual physical activity. (ex. Shooting a basketball)
- The Fitness Centre will continue to remain open under the revised guidelines and registration procedures.
Limiting Off-Campus Trips for Essential Purposes
- Following the recommendations from Waterloo Region’s Medical Officer of Health, all students are asked to carefully consider and limit all trips off-campus.
- It is important that each student only make trips for essential purposes which include groceries, pharmacy, school or work, and medical appointments.
- Under the Red-Control level, churches will resume to be open and students will still be allowed to attend church while maintaining physical distancing, wearing masks, and following public health measures.
Cafeteria and Classes Will Continue Operating
- The Cafeteria will continue to operate in the same manner and will not be impacted by the new public health guidelines.
- All college classes will also continue on in the existing format under these new guidelines.
Registration Details and Course Delivery for Winter 2021
Online registration is now open for both college and seminary winter semester courses with a deadline of November 22nd.
Posted October 29, 2020
Heritage College & Seminary has recently opened registration for the upcoming winter semester. Current college and seminary students will now be able to visit myHeritage and register for their classes next semester.
The deadline for registering for Winter 2021 courses is November 22, 2020.
Heritage will also continue to provide the same course delivery plans for the upcoming winter semester.
For students of the college, most classes will continue to operate in-person, on-campus in a safe, physically distanced classroom setting. Students will also have the option to choose the option of taking on-campus college classes through a live-streaming format.
Again, some of the college courses offered this semester will only be offered online with no in-person instruction. Please refer to the Winter 2021 College Schedule to see which classes will be delivered completely online. Courses that are offered as dual for both college and seminary courses will continue to be offered in this online format.
All Heritage Theological Seminary classes will continue to only be available in an online delivery format.
Read more about class delivery for the winter semester, please read: Winter 2021 – Course Delivery Update
For more information on Winter 2021 Registration and Course Schedules, please click below:
2020 – 2021 Campus Protocols
Revised October 29, 2020
“Our team has spent months praying and planning for this upcoming year. In spite of the challenges caused by the pandemic, we are asking God to do “far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us” (Ephesians 3:20).” – President Dr. Rick Reed
Heritage College & Seminary has just released its safety protocols for the 2020-2021 Academic Year. It’s our deep desire that this year at Heritage will be a time of spiritual impact and physical safety.
To read the 2020-2021 Campus Protocols document, please click the link below to download the PDF:
Cambridge COVID-19 Assessment Centre – 226-895-1050
215 Holiday Inn Drive
Hours of Operation: Monday to Friday 8:30am – 8:30pm; Saturday, Sunday and Holidays 8:30am-4:30pm
Telehealth Ontario – 1-866-797-0000
Past Updates for Fall 2020