Welcome Back to Heritage
Heritage College & Seminary is continuing to plan and prepare for a return to on-campus instruction and activities for both our college and seminary students starting September 2021.
This is an exciting time for the entire Heritage community, and we are excited about what God will do in the lives of the incoming class of new and returning students.
Learn more and stay informed about Heritage’s plans for September on this page.
Plans for Fall 2021
Posted June 16, 2021
As we look ahead to the beginning of the Fall 2021 semester, Heritage continues to work hard to plan and prepare with the health and safety of the entire Heritage community at the forefront. Our goal is to continue our mission while offering a safe and welcoming learning environment for all to learn and work within.
See below for some of the plans and preparations that are being made for September at Heritage.
Plans for Course Delivery and Learning Environment
Starting in September, Heritage plans to have classes offered on campus and in person while following all active public health guidelines for our region and in the province.
- On campus classes will be offered for both Heritage College and Heritage Theological Seminary students.
- Both the college and seminary will continue to offer several classes that will be delivered solely online and livestreamed over the course of the Fall 2021 semester.
- Plans include re-opening the Heritage Library for access to collections and for study space this fall. Preparations are also underway to provide more online services for college and seminary students to use and access materials.
New Online Hybrid Learning at Heritage
Understanding that there will be students who face several different circumstances that may not allow them to come to campus, Heritage will be offering the option to take on-campus classes live and online through hybrid learning.
- Heritage will be investing in upgrading its technology on campus to offer livestream, hybrid learning for all in-class college and seminary courses.
Residence and Student Life
Student Services at Heritage continues to plan on providing students with a quality student experience and a healthy community to live, learn, and grow within this fall.
- This September, residence buildings will be open for new and returning college students following all guidelines provided from public health and the Province of Ontario.
- Under current public health guidelines, vaccines are not required for living in post-secondary residences. As a result, Heritage will not be requiring students living in residence to be vaccinated.
- The plan will be to also re-open student spaces including The Heritage Community Centre and Seminary Lounge according to guidelines given by public health officials.
- Plans are also underway to open the Gym and Fitness Centre in the fall based on public health measures.
- Student Council activities and intramurals are planned to also take place starting in September.
Campus Protocols and Guidelines
While we are planning and preparing to return to on-campus learning, Heritage also recognizes that there will likely be several guidelines and regulations that we will have to follow at the start of the Fall 2021 Semester to create a safe, welcoming learning environment for all.
- All our plans will made while following the guidelines that will be provided by the Region of Waterloo Public Health and the Province of Ontario for the fall.
- Campus Protocols will once again be established based on requirements from public health and will updated throughout the academic year as required.
- The Heritage community will continue to be required to assess their personal health daily and will be required to stay in their room or home if they have two or more symptoms of COVID-19. Students may request access to the livestream of courses if unable to attend class.